Thursday, October 23, 2014

Browning Buckmark Camper

I will start off by saying that this pistol is by far one of my favorite firearms. In this review I will break down what makes this such a great gun and why you should possibly consider getting one for yourself or as a gift for a lucky someone!

Before we get into it I will say that the Buckmark comes in many variations, too many to name, but I will say that not one of them is a bad choice.



Prior to purchasing this gun I went to the store looking for a .22lr pistol that was accurate and simply something I could have fun with at the range.
I ended up leaving the store with my new Browning Buckmark Practical URX F/O NS. That breaks down to a Buckmark with Ultragrip RX® ambidextrous grips and Pro-Target™ adjustable rear and TRUGLOW / Marble Fiber Optic front sights. Now to the details:

Accuracy

I will put it this way... Myself as an moderate shooter can hit nickel-quarter sized targets at 15-20 yards all day with this pistol. This pistol is made for target shooting!



Weight

Coming in at 2 pounds 2 ounces unloaded it is on the heavy side, but that is not all bad. Firing the .22lr cartridge the heavy barrel and all metal construction keep the sights on target. There is almost zero muzzle flip (even for a new shooter) and recoil is so minimal it feels like you are shooting a pop gun.

Sights

My particular gun came with Trueglow fiber optic sights which I love. The blacked out rear sight and green fiber optic up front give you a quick and clear sight picture. I have also shot the Buckmarks with standard sights and those are great as well, but will always recommend the fiber optic front.



Reliability

As with most Browning's this gun is superb. The fit and finish is top notch as well as its function. I have shot probably around 2000 rounds through mine of all different ammo with only two failure to fire's, both of which I believe were ammo related.

Negatives

As with any gun or product for that matter you are going to have something bad about it. I have two downfalls to this firearm but I will say that I am scraping the bottom of the bucket to come up with these. The first would be the magazine price. It comes with one magazine which is fine but a second or replacement mag will run you around $40. Kind of steep for a .22lr mag.
The second negative is not gun related, but market related. I purchased this pistol several years ago when .22lr was abundant and dirt cheap. Currently, as I am sure many of you know, .22lr is hard to find and has creeped up in price over the last year or so. Don't let this discourage you though, because .22 ammo is still the cheapest on the market, and when you do find a box, it is most likely going to be a bulk pack so you will have plenty of rounds for a fun day at the range.

Summary

Overall I would give the Browning Buckmark a 5 out of 5! It can be found for around $350-$400 new and is a great gun for the whole family to shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment